Muddy Buddies Client Agreement
Pets are accepted for grooming only under the following circumstances:
- The pet is fit and healthy; grooming which takes place on an elderly or infirm pet will be at the owner’s risk, if done at all. Grooming may expose pre-existing health\skin conditions for which Muddy Buddies cannot be held liable.
- The pets’ rabies vaccine is up-to-date (as required by law) unless otherwise discussed.
- In the event of an emergency, in your absence, you authorize Muddy Buddies to contact the nearest Veterinarian and authorize the Vet to treat the pet as necessary at your expense.
- Payment is to be made at the time of service. Payment can be cash, check, or credit card (CC incurs additional 4% processing fee). PLEASE PUT YOUR PUP’S NAME IN THE COMMENTS of your payment, so we can better keep track. Returned checks will incur a $35 charge. Our rates are based on the breed, size, temperament during the groom, coat condition of the pet and duration of the groom. Nail cutting and ear cleaning are part of the service unless the process is too stressful for the pet or too dangerous for the groomer.
- At times the need to be flexible with arrival time will arise. Mobile grooming is a business that can be affected by a multitude of factors including Traffic – grooms taking more/less time than originally planned. We do our best to stay on time but require an arrival window of at least an hour for appointments. If you have a time constraint of any kind, please let us know before booking your appointment. *We do NOT offer anal gland expression, as this should be performed by a licensed veterinarian.
- We do NOT “Demat”. If there is minor matting, we will do our best to gently remove the mats with a combo of products and tools. However, if the matting is severe, we will either have to give your pup a very short haircut or shave to get under the matting or return them without service. If your pet is matted, every effort will be made to protect their skin and coat while removing the hair. The skin can become sensitive and incur clipper marks, abrasions, cuts, rashes, nicks, itchiness or redness where matting was severe. In some cases, the entire skin can become sensitive due to the shock of removing severely matted hair. Matting removed from ears can cause hematoma’s (swelling of blood) to the tips of the ears. YOU AGREE TO NOT HOLD MUDDY BUDDIES MOBILE GROOMING RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS RESULTING FROM THE GROOMING SERVICE OF YOUR MATTED PET.
Cancellations & Changes:
- Cancellations due to weather – We try to work if conditions are not dangerous. If you are unsure, please call us to confirm. Our vans do not drive well in the snow. If a cancellation due to weather needs to be made, we will update you ASAP, and we will plan for a reschedule ASAP
- All weather cancellations will be up to the discretion of the Muddy Buddies Owner. After a snowfall, make sure your roadway and driveway are completely plowed before we arrive for your appointment. The safety of our team and your pups are our top priority. If your driveway is not completely plowed, we will not be able to perform the groom. Upon arrival if there is ice or snow on your driveway, we will need to cancel and reschedule your appointment. In this case, we do require Full Price of the Groom to be remitted.
- Cancellation and rescheduling of an appointment, by the client, requires 24 hours’ notice to waive the FULL appointment fee.
- Last Minute Cancellations: If a client cancels the night before or day of their appointment, we reserve the right to require the Full Price of the next Groom be prepaid before being scheduled. This prepayment is non-refundable.
- NO SHOWS – It is considered a “no-show” when the client is not available at the scheduled appointment time and does not contact the groomer to cancel or reschedule. We will wait 10 minutes after our arrival, and then whether we continue to wait will be at the discretion of the Owner of Muddy Buddies. We reserve the right to charge the FULL grooming fee due to the loss of revenue caused by a “no-show”. Please make every effort to call and cancel or reschedule, when possible, to avoid such situations. *We reserve the right to refuse service to any pet or client for any reason.
- There may be a time where we need to reschedule an appointment either due to a groomer being out sick or an issue with our grooming van not working properly. In that case, we will make every effort to reschedule as soon as possible.
- We do our absolute best to send the same groomer each time and we ask our groomers to reschedule with you directly for your next appointment. However, there are times where we may need to send another groomer if your groomer is not available on the date or time that you need, or they have an unforeseen change in schedule on the day of your appointment.